Monday, April 20, 2009

training rides went well this week and weekend. right now I'm trying to nail down my routes to Texas. So far I've got everything down to to just north of New Orleans. Basic of course, some changes here and there are needed. But, I've got to wait on the maps that I requested. I ended up adding about 300+ miles to my trip by choosing the more safer biking route. But, I think it will pay off in the long run. I just got off of the phone with Mr. Douglas who works for the Texas state DOT. He provided me with a wealth of information on how to get through Texas to Dallas. I guess I will owe him a beer when I get down there for all of the info. he gave to me. Well in other news my aide is buying a very nice bike from one of her friends. The cool thing is that its all set up for the road trip already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a 39 yr old veteran from Desert shield/ storm. I was in a really bad MVA in 2004 that almost killed me. after spending a yr + in one hospital or another. I finally got released to live my life on my own again. now I'm doing just that everyday