Tuesday, May 26, 2009

well with the weekend over now I can

get back to my bike training and preparing for my ride coming this September. this memorial day I had the honor of giving a speech to about 100 people. that came out to attend the whitehaven memorial tribute that we do every year. an I was really humbled by the speaker before me. here was this young woman, Mrs. Pamela Montgomery who just last year on the 31st of May lost her husband in Iraq. she got up there and spoke very proudly of her husband and all military. I was very humbled by the fact that I had to get up there after her and try to read my speech. I also did something else that I had not done in a while. I was asked at the last minute if I would march in with a boy scout when he brought in the POW/MIA flag? I accepted the task with great honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a 39 yr old veteran from Desert shield/ storm. I was in a really bad MVA in 2004 that almost killed me. after spending a yr + in one hospital or another. I finally got released to live my life on my own again. now I'm doing just that everyday